From: Richard Halegua Posters + Comic Art <sa...@comic-art.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Gene Autry Poster

there is only so much you can do about that Phil

the reality about life is "buyer beware" and it is up to the customer to "get
educated"
the world is full of shysters and thieves. The first line of defense is yourself
I don't sell antique furniture because I don't know enough about it. similarly,
I also try to find information to get involved in something I know nothing or
little about.

the old saying is "a fool and his money are soon parted" (my preferred
statement is "a fool and his money should have never gotten together in the
first place").
if you don't want to be the fool, you need to educate yourself. You also need
to know how to be able to right a wrong that has been thrust upon you.

some poster buyers do that by buying from Bruce, Heritage and myself (as well
as many other reputable sellers) because they absolutely know that any one of
us will correct whatever issue pops up. The further you go from reputational
buys, the further you are from honest dealings.

I feel sorry for your friends of course and they probably learned a very good -
if expensive - lesson

Rich

Richard,