David...
I'm searching through my stuff to see if I can find a comic strip entitled "How to Spot an Asshole". If I find it, it's yours for under $25 out-the-door. So far no luck, although I think there was a Blondie strip with that title from the Fifties. (That wacky old Mr. Dithers was such a cut-up!) I'll let you know.
Greg Douglass
On 2/15/2012 4:45 PM, David Kusumoto wrote:
I'm going to get personal in public here because I have another reason why I've never liked the guy. I remember him writing a post saying in effect, "if you have to ask how what it costs, you can't afford it." The guy probably doesn't have a significant other or kids. I've been on MoPo since late 1996. Before I knew who he was, I was active on MoPo every day. Fights were routine. He got mad about something and sent me an out-of-context link to an image of a WWII newspaper comic strip. I felt it was a juvenile retort for something I wrote that pissed him off. So I "nonchalantly" asked him about it. He immediately went into high-gear sales mode. Geez, it was the first time I got pitched after being insulted. In truth, I am interested in propaganda items from WWII, but I wouldn't buy from *HIM* because I never forgot how he turned an insult into a potential sale. And as a reminder, I always kept the image of the item he threw at me. Now, if anyone has this for under $25 out-the-door - whose name is NOT "rodxmorgan" - let me know and I'll buy it from you. -d.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad49/PRtoday/how-to-spot-a-jap-1940s-comic-strip.jpg
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:16:28 -0600
From: brucehershen...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: 3 WHITNEY HOUSTON Press Kits
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

What I wonder is if *ANYONE *in the tiny world of MOPO ever buys even one Mex LC from Rod, If none of us do, then it is really more a case of completely wasted effort.

Bruce

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM, <rixpost...@aol.com <mailto:rixpost...@aol.com>> wrote: For some reason, all of "rodxmorgan"'s posts go directly to my "Spam file". I didn't request it, but it happens anyway. Seems like a somewhat intelligent slime ball. While holding up Yorick's skull, he'd be listing as many Shakespeare-related Mexican lobby cards as he could find. Someday it might me, "Alas, poor "rodxmorgan", we knew him well.... On second thought, I don't think so...
In a message dated 2/15/2012 3:34:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, davidmkusum...@hotmail.com <mailto:rixpost...@aol.com> writes:You know, for me it boils down to who's doing the selling. Everyone does it. I don't see a problem with it because indeed, demand goes up for items linked to a celebrity who dies. The only seller who rubbed me the wrong way w/this was "rodxmorgan" - because for years (until I blocked his e-mails) - he exhibited an "I don't give a shit what people think" attitude toward others on this board - while consistently displaying a tasteless style of exploitation akin to a carnival-barking ambulance chaser. I haven't seen him in my inbox for awhile, but oh man that guy sounded ancient, like a guy wearing a straw hat and a flask on his shin, reeking of cigarette smoke, bragging about his revenue streams while doing his damnedest to keep you from looking at his tax returns. -d.