Heritage has a pattern of offering to donate the value of contested good to
charity.

It reduces a corporations tax by making a charitable contribution... assuming
the contribution goes through.

Here are some links to show other instances where Heritage made offers... i.e.:
"I spoke to Steve Ivy one of the owners of the company. Steve said that he
would reduce the seller's fee on the consigned items as long as I did not bad
mouth his company. I told him that my interest was simply to point out that one
of his employees made a mistake and that his company should be held liable.
Steve then reneged on his committment to reduce the seller's fee."

See for yourself.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=803513

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/heritage-auctions-arkansas-c310316.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/liars/heritage-auction-gal/heritage-auction-galleries-m-bjc85.htm