Ha ha....!!! Well thankfully I do not smoke, but I do eat bangers...but I will
never bow to a Queen royal or otherwise!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeman Fisher <flixs...@aol.com>
To: Adrian Cowdry <jboh...@aol.com>
CC: MoPo-L <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 9:30
Subject: Re: [MOPO] HIGHLY OFFENSIVE: Seriously?

Adrian,
your point taken but c'mon  you Brits smoke fags and call sausages
bangers............plus you all bow to a queen.

On Jun 10, 2012, at 1:25 AM, Adrian Cowdry wrote:

> I have just come in on this thread...I think maybe some wrong ends of stick
has been taken however I do find such language offensive especially that this
is
an open forum and women and younger people can read this.

> Kirby I feel your quote was meant as a joke and yes the language was
racy...but the C word is highly offensive...couldn't you have expletive deleted
the word? A little restraint maybe...this is closing the stable door after the
horse has bolted but it is not just Diana...there are other girls on this forum
that probably are by no means prudes and enjoy a joke and a laugh but still
find
that word offensive even reading it.

> Most of us are adults here, most of us know each other on this forum and most
of us use gamey language especially over a beer putting the world to rights,
but
reading such language can be misconstrued. Even if it is a reprint of a
quote...and by the way Billy Connolly paraphrased the quote on The Secret
Policeman's Second Ball way back in the 1980's and it was much funnier...maybe
it takes a comedy genius to actually make the C word funny...by the way in my
humble opinion that was the only time the use of that word was funny.

> I am by no means a prude and believe me many drivers I encounter when on the
streets of London do get called that word when I am on my own, but I have to
say
within the earshot of people I respect I don't like to use it and I don't like
to hear it. I also feel it is not needed on a movie...Lock Stock and Two
Smoking
Barrels seems to have started the trend, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Val Kilmer
saying it to emphasise a point - In my humble opinion I think it degrades a
movie and should put a R rating on a film.

> Please don't think I am beating a moral drum, I simply feel that a public
forum is not the place to put such racy language...put a few @*#$ instead of
the
word itself...it's a lot less offensive.