From: allen day <aday_5...@yahoo.com>
To: MoPo-L <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:32
Subject: Re: [MOPO] HIGHLY OFFENSIVE: Seriously?

Howdy y'all,

After I read that quote (which was my first time ever, believe or not), I
thought it amusing, but I was kinda surprised that it was there, nonetheless.

The quote does not bother me in the least, but I am a diff gender.

I work at a hospital; most hospital employees (including administration) are
approximately 90% female.

Among the staff that I work with, we have discussed many topics with relatively
few limits; (experiencing life/death events regularly during any 12 hour shift
tends to alter one's discussion topics).

Naturally, the c-word (and similarly the n-word), have been discussed over the
years.

Those words can be demonizing, demoralizing, soul draining, and tend to create
a vacuum.

However, in people of the same ethnic, the n-word can be a term of affection /
endearment.

Similarly, the c-word, when discussed exclusively by a certain gender, tends to
have a less antagonizing effect. ... or to be a lil' more plainer ... if a man
utters the c-word, he will be forever known; 'flogged' relentlessly; and
'frozen out' ... should a women utter the c-word, she will be dismissed as just
a low class bee-yotch having a bad day.

ad