Do not get it signed.

fwiw, we probably sell more vintage Star Wars posters than anyone in the
galaxy.

Most people who are in the market for a birthday one sheet will not want it
 signed by anyone,

and, Prowse has signed his name to a billion other things, so his signature
 is not hard to come by.

signed by Lucas? now that is another story.

David A. Lieberman

_CineMasterpieces.com_ (http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/)   | Vintage
Original Movie Posters
15721 N. Greenway Hayden Loop,  Suite 105 | Scottsdale, AZ 85260
602 309  0500 | _Our  Facebook Page_
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/CineMasterpieces/7735495839?v=wall)  |
Office/Gallery Open By Appt. Only.

In a message dated 6/23/2012 8:23:48 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
gkud...@rocketmail.com writes:

>From our limited experience selling SW collectibles, for the SW fan  base,
the signatures add value if you can establish authenticity.

A little known fact is that Harrison Ford  hated signing autographs. Fox
had someone on staff who signed for him, and  most of Harrison's autographed
items were done by this Fox employee. To this  day, many "experts" believe
the employee autograph is Harrison's real  signature.

Fakes are rampant in the SW world. On Prowse's web site, he shows a  lot
fake Prowse autographs. He is very angry about fake autographs and doesn't
even show his signature on his site for fear of providing conmen with a
template.

Whether autographs would increase the value of a poster like Happy
Birthday, the question is how much more the fans would pay for an already
expensive poster.  I'm saying fans because its not the MOPO collectors  who pay
top
dollar for SW. It's the SW fans.

On the down side, having only Prowse's signature becomes a highlight for
the missing others.

If you had a vintage signed poster with photographs of you & the  various
cast member, it would certainly be something you, as a fan, could be  proud
of.

When you went to sell it, fans -- like you -- are now at an age where  they
have $$ to collect the more expensive items. How much more would one
autograph be worth?

How much more would you pay for a poster autographed to someone  else?