Sam

even as a deconstruction Altman's take falls down. If you remove all references to Marlowe and just make it a generic detective movie it falls on it's ass.. I have never considered it to be a film of much value and that goes even before I was a major Chandler nut. I saw the film before I ever read the novel and wondered what the f*ck Altman was thinking, and I like Altman's works. The critics.. they had mixed reviews for the film.. I need to go to the NYT and see what they were saying.

I think it's an awful film on every level

Rich