Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:57:20 -0600
From: brucehershen...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Sales Records
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Some people think this is eBay's way of trying to hide how badly prices have
been falling there. It has been discussed a great deal on eCommerceBytes.com

Incidentally, every one of the prices on our database reflects a real sale
where the consignor was paid the listed price, minus our commissions. I
guarantee that.

It is the easiest thing in the world to list prices that never happened on
auction websites. Then, when the same item is tried again at auction, it looks
like a bargain compared to the first (sometimes mythical) price.

And now that so many sites have a "Make an offer" feature on sold items, they
have an extra chance to sell those items they pretended to sell the first time.

Rumor has it that eBay is on the way towards hiding ALL buyer information from
the seller, too!

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM, JOHN REID Vintage Movie Memorabilia