Frankly, auction results can only be a guideline, so what difference does it
make, if a poster listed for $45 actually sold for $30?

In the example of the MISFITS lobby card set, that was listed at $999: Since
this set was sold by one the major players in this hobby, I guess we can safely
assume that it sold with a REASONABLE discount, so what difference does it make
if Dave only got $800 or maybe even $750 for it?

I don't sell on eBay, and since my prices are fairly reasonable to begin with,
I usually do not give huge discounts. On the other hand, I HAVE sold posters
for a fraction of my list price at the shop, if I can get half price for
something I had for 15 years, and sell it, that occasionally made sense for me.

On the other hand, would I want a 50% discount on my asking price recorded on
eBay? I don't think so.

In any case, auction prices can only be a guideline: I looked up one US poster
yesterday at both emovieposter and Heritage: One platform sold it for $33, the
other fetched $300 twice There's one currently listed on eBay for $399, and yet
another one sold with Christie's recently for close to $700, so what's the
ACTUAL value of this poster?

Helmut

www.filmposter.net