>so cool they mention Linwood Dunn in the article ... He was a really
nice man and spoke to me on the phone and faxed me some materals..
He had all hs stuff for sale in a ad in ameriacan cinematographer,,
well when we spoke he told me to sell my 16mm films and that Video
digital was thefuture.... he was Right !!  the guy invented the acme
dunne optical printer made from a bell and howell 2709 camera bodyand
he had one forsale... he told me RKO would not give him the money so
he paid out of Pocket.... he did bringing up baby, Its awonderful
life, Citizen Kane and its a mad mad mad world.. plus many others...
he was from Brooklyn a scottsman... and he also did the early STAR
Trek tv series and his grandaughter works at ILM...

I cant tell you how kind he was... at 1st i thouht he was crazy as
all his films where classics and he was so humble...
he was part of the academy and sent me his ballots and asked what i
thought,,, he voted for starship troopers and he liked it alot... he
said Titanic was useing large full size props instead of special
effects..
 He asked me what Spieberg thought of my company name,,,, I said well
I started in 1977 and Dreamworks came later,, and who wouldnt want to
be confused with Steven one of My fave directorsand fimmakers of all
time..

He was like in his 90s and still inventing... he had just struck a
deal with technicolor for a digital invention for 50,000,000.00
 he thought it was cool a younger guy loved the movie technology so
much....but he said give up the film obbsession//// I still like
projected film but agree that digital makes more sense money wize and
you can see it quick , edit quick and has lots of latitude,,, But
still the old kodacrome stock was just beautiful as was the Black and
white.... just so much work to handle..

anyways.... I ronically i was looking through some  old boxes last
night of old papers and saw some hurricane memorabilia that had Tony
Sheriden references and noted he died.. and I saw the Linwood stuff I
have ,, hes gone.... so its so amazeing how people touch our
lives..and then leave,,, I am so lucky i was abele to talk to legends
like Linwood... he was a pioneer of film.....I spoke to his dauhhter
and she said I was one of the last peopel he spoke to and he was
really happy with our  talks... so thats good to know...very cool man
and i heard they nameda theatre after him in La... nice tribute.