From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom
Martin
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:23 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] King Kong's 80th Birthday

>You guys crack me up.... Yoko must have been born in 1923??
well when I first hear the two virgins album when it came out in what 1969??
I thought Lennon and Ono went cucko... and when they didthe Peace bed thing
in Montreal... and then he even came to ann arbor Mich to do the free John
Sinclair rally  as they jailed him for smoking dope... and so The Beatkes
and John always influenced me in Pop culture and since I played Music they
where a big inspiration....
they also disbanded in 70 so it was very odd.... But through the years Ive
grown to see that Yoko was a free thinker and i can see that just like any
art its all interpitation....
Funny thing is I quit music pusueing in 1980 after John was shot as i was so
shaken by the entire thing... here was a guy that got killed by a fan...
what a waste.... and so when my kid wanted to be in Music I told him all the
pitfalls.. so whats he do.?? Goes into Music and film...
Also Johnny told me that while inHamburg Lennon and the beatles would piss
on peoples heads that where going to church on sunday morn in Hamburg.. I
guess they where real rowdy bunch...

So to me Yoko is cool and part of the whole 60s ,, movement along with
Wharhol and the dada movement and the other art movements of the time... the
Voice and all was just a extention  of originality and crossing the limits
of expression almost like a cry of primal screeming.... so in a way I think
that why lennon loved her as he too saw all the BS of society.. and thats
why he compared the Beatles attraction to Jesus was that he saw they where
just simple Liverpool lads that with some beefed up marketing from Epsiten
where able to project a image that peopel made up half the time.. they just
went with the flow.. like the LSD lucy inthe sky withdiamonds and more...
all just peopel seeing in it what they wanted....

well I was emailing with Julian Lennon and i told him about my sones film...
not relizing salami JOE the film is about a Buluga whale sauage...recipe...
well Julian ironiically did a film about saving whales... so I offended him
a isuspect but he defriended me off facebook...  which Then i wrote and
kidded him as to being a limey and also that i would take away his white
geather status  that he thinks was a omen from aboriginies in austrailia
that his dad said would help him..... so I sent him into orbit....

Then I joked on the AMIA list awahile back... that Paul wrote all the John
songs to archivists world over...I thought it was a hoot as It was always a
joke who wrote what... well the archivists got theire feathers rufflesd and
through me off the Group... yep... so the beatles appear to love me..... I
once talked to Lindas step mom ..
John eastmans wife and my friend was her neighbor in ScarsdaleNY where she
came from.... a poster friend In UK had Mal evans ) beatles
Roadie) daughter that helped selling posters and stuff.... Once in NYC at a
trade show.. Avi hersh a button maker said you shouldme paul he would like
yourstuff as he collects animation...I came two inches from shaking hands in
Detroit when His manager met me backstage in
1976 on a wings tour,, Brian brawley,,, and as i turned my back Paul and
linda hopped in a limo and took off waving,,,  they had to leave the airport
by 9pm for a noise ordinance.,, that was so close.. like
3 foot...  I did meet Pete best and took him to a jazz bar with the band in
Toledo called Rustys and we talked... seems his mom owned the van , and
rehearsal place and was like the manager ,,, and when Brian came on board he
said the mom has to go if you want me and so did Pete...
Can you imagine that???? so me being kicked off newslist is nothing
comapared to pete being kicked out of the Beatles..
In summery I think Yoko is a sweetheart and she misses John so much and she
is trying still to forgive and get world peace... To me shes a pillar and
john would be proud of her and Sean and even Julian although Julian seems
deeply hurt and yet loves his dad and even collects beatle stuff, does
photography and music and seems like a great soul also... we all are just
trying to find our way in this crazy thing we call Life... I like the beatle
lyrics and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make..
sums it up for me...
God bless everyone...