Subject: Re: [MOPO] FIFTY ESSENTIAL GAY FILMS
From: ki...@movieart.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:02:21 -0500
CC: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
To: davidmkusum...@hotmail.com

OK.  Here's my choice of 5 wonderful films - not a best list - just important
films with a theme centrally about being gay - that speaks to a wide audience
both gay and straight.
MAURICEBROKEBACK MOUNTAINTHE MUDGE BOYPERSONAL BESTANGELS IN AMERICA
there are others worthy, I'm sure
Now
 here's a list of 5 great films in which a gay character(s) figures
importantly, critically in the film but which is not, essentially, about
 being gay
LAWRENCE OF ARABIATHE CRYING GAMEBEGINNERSANOTHER COUNTRYMY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE
AND
 5 films in which the gay-lib (to use a sixties phrase) zeitgeist
proscribes the film but which are essentially about something else
MIDNIGHT COWBOYMILKROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOWPHILADELPHIADOG DAY AFTERNOON
AND 5 FILMS WHICH ARE CHERISHED ALMOST UNIVERSALLY BY ALL REAL GAYS !!
AUNTIE MAMEWHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLFALL ABOUT EVEBROKEBACK MOUNTAINSOME
LIKE IT HOT
If you haven't seen any of these, put them on your list.   I'm sure I've
omitted some worthy movies.
K.