Yeah, I've had that happen. Years ago, when the Oliver Stone film JFK was being
filmed,the Prop Master (one Grey Smith !!) called me looking for a one sheet
for War Is Hell. That was the film playing at the theatre where Lee Harvey
Oswald was taken into custody after the assassination of Kennedy. I found him
one, went and saw the movie when it came out... and whadaya know? It never
appeared on camera as Stone didn't angle the camera on the theatre poster case.
But at least you know it was authentic to the time.