I think the key here is common sense.  if, for example, the Hard Rock Cafe
bought three dozen 6-sheets for Pia Zadora films and had them professionally
linen-backed and framed, that would not be smart, that would be insane.

________________________________
 From: Susan Heim <filmfantast...@msn.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Monday, 16 September 2013, 0:12
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Hanging a Six Sheets

Over the years I have supplied many restaurants and clubs with movie posters
and framing.  I had a shop here in my area that was a 50's diner theme. They
took all the movie posters, lobby cards, etc., and glue them to the walls. They
were in business for about 20 years and recently closed, leaving all the
posters on the wall. Most of the posters were not in good shape anymore, having
had food or drink splashed on them, kids that tried to peel them off while
sitting in the booth, etc.  There were several titles, though, that were much
more valuable titles today than they were when I sold them to them in the 80's.
 Lot's of 50's sci-fi and hot rod type movies.   So, when the place was being
redone for a new shop in the space, all those posters were ripped off the wall
like wallpaper would be and trashed....oh well... I use to work with the Hard
Rock Café chain doing the same thing and am happy to say, the owners were smart
enough to spend the money
 to preserve all the items they purchased and continue to purchase.

Sue