Hello All-

I recently contacted a seller to inquire about an Italian 55"x79" 'You Only
Live Twice', the version with the Transamerica logo in the lower left
corner and United Artists in the lower right corner. His response was "We
did a lot of research on this poster and are convinced it is an original
release". I am not convinced. It has been my understanding that the first
release posters have a Dear Film (distributor) logo on the bottom left,
while the right side have the United Artists logo within a circle and (in
smaller type) "A Transamerica Company"

Now, I know it can be hard to date Italian posters, but one of the best
"tells" is the logo of the distributor/production company. In this case,
the circular logo at the right was used in 1967-1968; the Transamerica logo
that is in the left of the poster in question was used from 1968-1975. This
film was released in Italy in August 1967. Perhaps it is a second printing,
perhaps a 1970's reissue (which is what I have thought) but I don't see how
it could be first release.

Anyone have any thoughts/facts on this?

Thanks-
Matthew McCarthy