From: Evan Zweifel [mailto:evanzwei...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:40 PM
To: Franc; MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Basil Rathbone 1939 linenbacked Your advice please!

Certainly you aren't suggesting that by simply linen backing a poster the
"value" of the poster has increased?

I was merely offering an opinion that perhaps the market value for past
stars has decreased significantly.

I don't think I was going out on a limb there.

As for values of posters, retail or auction, since only a very small
minority of the members of the list have retail stores (are there more than
10 in the entire USA?), and only a few more even have web sites, I suspect
that closest measure of true value must be derived from auctions.

Certainly any informed buyer will check the auction results before making a
purchase (I know I would).

Evan