I used to be a regular poster here...as in someone who posts, not a mentally
ill person who thinks he's a one sheet...and have been kind of lurking for
awhile. I looked at MOPO today, said, "Cool, a sniper battle! I think I'll step
into the crossfire!"
   Not really. I have no dog int his fight. Now that the smoke has cleared and
Bruce has hopefully not left the building...whatever happened to Bruce "I've
Got a Very Thick Skin" Hershenson?...I will continue to buy from both Bruce and
Richard. They are both honest guys who have always treated me well as a
customer and as a person. As far as the shots that have been fired...that's the
American way. Mars will always take pot shots at Hershey, Burger King will
continue to poop on McDonald's, Halegua will talk shit about Hershenson will
talk shit about Heritage. These guys are all bright and it makes for an
entertaining battle for us little folk out here. In the end, each company has
their strengths and weaknesses and i will make decisions based on financial and
service oriented experience.
     As a musician...specifically a hired gun guitar player...I have been the
recipient of many reviews, most of them good, some of them horrible. I
responded to a guy who called my teaching DVD "...the worst instructional video
in the history of guitar playing..." (honest to God. I felt like Ed Wood with a
Marshall stack) with a withering email full of what I thought were witty
insults and well-chosen "I'll show you!"s. After I sent it, I realized I had
just completely validated this guy's BS by responding to it at all. I'm not
advocating peaceful co-existence here...what fun would THAT be?....but if you
really want to piss off someone, don't respond to 'em at all. So again....for
me, it all comes down to price, service, and , last, what kind of human being
you are. (In the interest of full disclosure, Rich and I share a kind of
curmudgeonly kinship that has been well established over the years. Bruce has
been unfailingly polite and generous with his time with me, and I have huge
respect for him and all he's done. It's just that certain Sick Puppies bond
together, drawn together by forces outside of our control. Isn't that right,
Tom Martin?)
     That being said, I just bought my first poster in over two years...that's
TWO YEARS without buying a poster from ANYONE... from Heritage last night. I
have emerged intact from financial hell with a roof over my head (it was touch
& go for awhile) and discretionary income to indulge my safe addiction for
overpriced paper. I saw a one sheet from "She Gods of Shark Reef"...AIP,
baby!...put in a low ball bid, and won it at a price that I consider a bargain,
even with the various Heritage F.U. fees factored in. When you're facing
homelessness at the age of 64, your priorities change, and a lot of Terribly
Important Things suddenly look like what they are, a heaping helping of
blahblahblahblah.
     Thanks all for an entertaining exchange, and please stick around, Bruce.
Don't make me beg. My knees hurt from bartering with my wife for sexual favors
already.
     Best,
     Greg "What will I buy NEXT week?" Douglass

Greg Douglass
Guitarist-
Lessons, Live Shows, Touring,
& Studio Work