I think it is worth noting that Paramount Pictures- which is a US corp.- has
now pulled a 10 year old film from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt
Stone from exhibition. Their 2004 comedy film TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE about
by Kim Jung Un’s father (Kim Jung-Il) was to be shown on Christmas Day by Alamo
Drafthouse Cinema and other theatres.

If one is to believe the US Government (an understandable reach for many of us)
there are/were no credible threats of violence at movie theatres showing The
Interview. What does this mean for the exhibition of controversial films and
documentaries in the future? Prior films about abortion, homosexuality, the
death penalty and integration have prompted actual demonstrations and credible
threats, yet they were shown. Would anyone suggest that the new film SELMA not
be shown because there are still racists, Martin Luther King haters or some
poorly trained police  in our country?

I also think it is worth noting, that prior to World War II when the US
actually had a Neutrality Act that limited political comment in films, Columbia
Pictures (now SONY owned) and The Three Stooges made and released YOU NAZTY SPY
despite the law and rampant fear and paranoia across the US. At the same time,
Warners made CONFESSIONS OF A NAZI SPY, despite the law, security issues on the
Warners lot, credible threats to actors and executives, lawsuits and all kinds
of distribution issues.