Congratulations Scott

20 years is quite an achievement!

Regards

John

From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Scott
Burns
Sent: Wednesday, 25 February 2015 5:09 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] 20 Years of MoPo!

Well we made it to 20 after all!

Today marks MoPo's 20th Anniversary. For the last couple of years, our
anniversary has been preceded by a discussion about how little we actually
discuss posters on this forum. This year it was John Reid's February 12th
post, "How MoPo has Changed," pointing out the lack of discussion or comment
on movie posters. In 2014, in time for our 19th birthday, Helmut posted an
analysis of MoPo posts (84% were either auction or for sale posts) and
former member Bruce H. mentioned how 2 other poster forums are pretty dead.
I find it just an interesting coincidence that this seems to happen just
about every February 24th! But no matter.MoPo is still chugging along.

We've survived longer than I ever dreamed (much longer than the majority of
Hollywood marriages). On February 24, 1995 the first official MoPo post was
distributed via American University's listserv. There were 11 members at the
start, and as is my annual custom, I recognize these MoPo pioneers:  Mahtab
Moayeri, Michael Danese, Rob Ellis, Donna Tschetter, Goh Kai Shen, Evan
Zweifel, George Nichol, Cindy Nemeth-Johannes (we lost Cindy in 2008, but
her husband Jay is still a member), Jeff Static (AOL'er Static555), Adam
Ehrlich and myself. In addition to Jay, Michael, Rob and Evan are still
members.

Last year I wondered whether MoPo would make it to 20, or if it even should.
Well, here we are and I guess we'll soldier on.at least until American
University decides to shut down their listserv! I do hate to see longtime
members leave, (Poster seller Bruce Hershenson and the prolific Tom Martin
are 2 examples of people who exited this past year), but that's the way of
Internet forums.

Thanks to all of you for keeping this relic of the 20th century alive for
yet another year!

Scott

MoPo List Owner

  _____