awesome story Alan!!!My ex wifees dad was frm sweden andshe had a original carving from Thomas Dam who made the 1st trols..she also has a collection of them and she sold that one carving for like 10K!!! yes i would have loved t meet yourdad..i love the old novelty biz and closeuts and nventors of gag gifts and the like...I used to find huge wharhouse of old stock..liek Gumbys and major matt mason ,, marx toy figures, and i still havea few hings from 60s liek storks and nuns....i would go in and buy all they had and they would laugh at me..bec i bought the costumes before they rereleased he gumby..i paid 20 cent each... and now i think people as 30-7[0- each dollars..i had cases///they where lakeside toys 1965 my fave story is i had case of stuper stuff by whamo from 1968..I sold them in my shop 50 cents.. and theni sehntthem in orders...so this guy says thanks for te superstuffi got 80.00 on ebay!! ithought it was a joke...i later pu one up...80.00 then wondered why??it was just slime powder ina margeriem container.. found out its what they used as the guys in -Night of the living dead... george Romero...i guess they could not find anything that worked better then super stufdf...funny eh?? so we had original unopened 1967 super stuuf at the dream factory for 50 cents ithe 80s.... I think mel blanc lived in Topanga as then he moved to Pacific palisades..

On 2017-07-05 20:16, Alan Adler wrote:
Hey Tom -

Send me one of those doggone things to look over and try out - sounds
like fun.
I used to use an earlier version of the voice box - called a message
repeater - back in the 1960’s.
Sold good luck trolls and we had this little silly voice talking for
them.
Whenever someone came close we hit the remote control button.
The trolls started talking and people damn near flipped out!
Didn’t even have sensor to start automatically in those days.
Everything was by hand as they say.
My father’s store sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of those
good luck trolls from Sweden when they first came out -
Before anyone else in Charlotte had them!
Now, he was a salesman!
You and my father would have liked each other.
Taught me everything I know about selling stuff and I’ve kept myself
alive so far doing just that.

I’ll enjoy it, so send whatever you want to:

Alan Adler
P.O. Box 1160
Topanga, Ca. 90290

Thanks