I have only been burned once, and from someone who always paid up until at some point he didn’t. Annoying, but not a big loss either.

I‘m still doing it with a few selected, longtime clients, but strictly for domestic sales.

This question frequently comes up when I‘m buying posters in over the phone or the internet: I usually offer to pay with Paypal in advance or do a wire transfer if I have a chance to inspect the posters first, which is free of charges to the buyer. The outcome is probably about 50/50.

Helmut

Gesendet: Samstag, 26. Januar 2019 um 02:37 Uhr
Von: "Philipp Kainbacher" <00000015e579331a-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu>
An: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Betreff: Re: [MOPO] Sending a poster pre-payment
I would never send a poster without payment to anyone besides heritage or Bruce! I agree Sue! Why should I send a poster to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 25, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Susan Heim <filmfantast...@msn.com> wrote:

That is correct Philipp.  Many years ago, I had a customer that wanted a poster for a Xmas present.  It was so near the holidays and she was leaving town to go to her parents for Xmas the next day.  So we agreed she would put the check in the mail that day and I would ship her the poster to her parents address.  She had bought from me before so I trusted her.  It was a beautiful Young Frankenstein 40x60.  I never received the check and all my attempts to call or contact her (before the day of emails and the internet) went unanswered.  That was my lesson and I've never done it again...….Sue - Hollywood Poster Frames