Not just you, Glenn. I find it confusing too. I think the auction I was bidding
on has ended and I won one poster. The auction page says the poster has sold
which presumably means the auction has ended but there is also a notice saying:

You are the current high bidder on this lot with a secret maximum bid of ….

Notice: You are the current high bidder on this lot, but the next highest bid
is within one increment. That means that any additional bids on this lot will
outbid you. To increase your chances of winning, enter your highest maximum
bid.

Not sure if the notice is a mistake or whether someone can still in fact outbid
me..

Regards

John

John Reid