but to get the ripples out,,just roll the poster backwards tighten let it sit and relax..thenunroll it

if you take clothes Iron.and set to a low temp you can iron out the curls..by laying slip sheet or towel over it and slowly move to relax the paper

If you really get lucky you could possibly wet the area to get the fuse to release. but best left to the restoration experts..if it releases clean then Iron outing it should get out the crinkles..Too much Heat cab make thinks bubble so be careful or tease on a poster that is junk to learn the process

for stinky books, posters with smell of mold..immerse them in KITTY litter, as it absorbs oder, watering amines.. I use it for magazines and books..I learned it from the POP culture dept of Bowling Green state universities they put comics in a 55 gallon drum of Kitty litter to remove hers.. it can take month but they come out stink free..andi think the Ph is neutralized by the clays..as it stops mol growth

Hope that helps you Colin Hunter sir

God bless
Tom\- Hollywood Dream factory®
since 1977

On 2022-09-17 01:11, Colin Hunter wrote:
My fellow MOPO-listas,

I recently acquired a real mixed bag of movie posters at a local
estate auction. There are some nice pieces such as a rolled R82
Raiders of the Lost Ark 1-sheet and a linen-backed R48 Saboteur
1-sheet, but there are also some virtually worthless examples such as
a Brand of Fear (1949) 1S and a 6 Black Horses (1962) 1S. There’s a
Pulp Fiction 1S which has tragically been stored extremely badly and I
suspect nobody would want in its now sorry state.

While I decide what to do with them, I’d like to figure out if a
poster which has been stored rolled in a cardboard tube and got wet at
some point is worth rescuing. The water damage has caused all the
paper at one end to fuse together, but before I discard it I’d like to
know what it is in the unlikely event it’s worth the expense of a
restorer's time. All I can see from the unstuck paper portion are the
words “For those who have never see” on one line and “and those who
have never forgo” on the next line. The letters are in black, and the
background appears to be a monochrome image but the visible area I
makes it too small to identify. I’ve put up a photo at
<http://www.colinhunter.com/photos/IMG_5053.jpg> if anyone wants to
take a look.

So, anybody know what this is?

Thanks.