Is this really something that people say to you, or is it just ad copy?

It seems that most of the collectibles that have soared in recent years are
all areas that have 3rd party grading greatly involved and accepted in the
hobby.
Unless movie posters follow suit, we are probably not going to see those
kind of dramatic increases (good for us collectors when buying, not so much
when selling).

At the last major auction we saw a Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes sell for as
much or more than  Forbidden Planet and Day the Earth Stood Still
one-sheets.
My guess is we will continue to see this kind of shift during Bruce's
Halloween auction, as emphasis grows on 80s/90s titles (and Star Wars of
course), while 50s/60s titles will continue to tread water.

Sean

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 8:47 AM Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> *People keep saying to me "Bruce, what is something I can invest in that
> has not gone sky high in recent years?". Can I self-servingly suggest
> vintage movie paper?It might SEEM like I am saying this because that is my
> livelihood, but it is 100% true that a LOT of vintage movie posters sell
> for the same or similar prices that they did 20 or more years ago,
> including both great ones and lesser ones!This is something you can't say
> about just about ANYTHING else, from real estate to the stock market to
> groceries to oil, to almost EVERY other kind of collectible!While many of
> the best examples of comic books or baseball cards or so many other
> collectibles are "out of sight" to an average person, you CAN still buy a
> wonderful movie poster for a surprisingly reasonable price!Want proof? Take
> a gander at my company's (eMoviePoster.com's) current 3,185 auctions
> currently running in our 3-part 24th Annual Halloween Auction
> at https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
> <https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html>These 3,185 auctions are
> FILLED with great horror/sci-fi/fantasy items at every price level, and at
> the current bid prices, most are at huge discounts to prices of the same or
> similar items many years ago!But you can't get those great deals if you
> aren't bidding, so why not go to the above links RIGHT NOW? We think you
> will surely find the great rarities and many low prices an irresistible
> combination!*

G. Sean Linkenback - Attorney
3217 S Cherokee Ln. Ste 740
Woodstock, GA 30188