Elephant wrote:
I often have to repeat this:
We're still waiting for our long promised scientific *theory of
everything* - it has *not* arrived, repeat *not* arrived.  Not yet,
boys, not yet.  Mark this.  We do *not* know why masses
attract.  They
just do. (Similarly, we do not understand why over certain
intergalactic distances masses actually repel - they just do).

David Lind muses:

what if masses don't really attract?  What if whatever "makes up" the

apple isn't the same from when the apples is on the tree and when the

apple falls and when the apple hits the ground?  It could be that the

"thing" we call apple isn't really a "thing" at all, but a three
dimensional image with a sense of substance and therefore the "thing"

that is in the tree, wouldn't be the same "thing" that fell.  Much
like the image in a movie - the image we see in the tree and the
image
we see falling are actually hundreds of different images, but because

of the way they are laid out, we believe them to be the same "thing."

Just some light pondering on a Sunday morning.

It's all good.

Shalom

David Lind
Trickster@p