> But you also have to admit that
>
> a) South Americans often risk their lives to escape from nations
> where the American foreign politics have created and supported
> dictatorships. Ever heard of Allende?
>
> b) The actual presence of low-payed poor refugees helps many
> American companies to keep low costs.  It is to a certain extent
> an unfair competition to those countries (like mine) where there
> is a basic legal payment for workers (here it is illegal to
> employ someone and pay him, so to say, 1 dollar per hour; even if
> he signs a private deal with the company).

Yes, good points. El Salvador could also be included in the list. The US
gave $6billion to the government there to beat up on its won people (death
squads and Viet Nam war-like tactics (napalm, assassination, free-fire
zones, etc) before we realized that the horror we were producing was too
much, even for us, and backed down leaving the place destroyed. The same
type of politicians and political analysts infused the US government during
the El Salvador war as during the Viet Nam one.

> Roughly speaking, Capitalism does not find advantages in
> developing poor nations. Instead of creating there "new markets",
> it tends to create "new products" in the old markets.

Actually, many 3rd world markets are emerging and are now important to the
US economy as buyers of goods produced wherever by US companies: China,
Brazil, Philippines, Argentinia, etc.

Lawry