Dear Matt,

Your irony tells me I may not have shown proper respect for what you think yourself you think (and experience). I'm sorry for that.
Should I have shown more humbleness by explicitly saying "It's really like this for me if I interpret my experience correctly, but you are free to see it otherwise"? Or did I interpret you wrong when you wrote "the metaphorical air isn't quite right here" (9/6 20:11 -0500)? I thought you meant others do not appreciate writing in metaphors. You don't take offence at my metaphors, I hope?
If you don't like to take part in discussions of religions and the like, don't, but I will miss your contributions.

With friendly greetings,

Wim Nusselder