Hello Stephen, Bo and all!

Thanks for your thoughts Bo and Stephen.

First Bo if i may?
Quality relieved me of all that science stuff also.
I came to realise that science is a creative activity; a quality activity —
and high quality at that.
But the static patterns a high quality creative activity generates is not the
whole of reality is it?
Not even a MOQ does that!

Now and then, i am attracted to the ever gushing fountain of quality we think
of as scientific endeavour; there are some titillating things going on out
there, and sometimes it can all be too irresistible? ;)

Now, this is my point:
I thought about 5th level latching from the point of view of quality.
I imagined what 5th level would be moving away from, and how 4th level would
be manipulated and controlled; how 4th level would be the site of emergence
for 5th level?

And guess what?
All that irresistible stuff that quality relieves us from is the site of
emergence for 5th level!
That high quality intellectual stuff?!?

OK!
Speculation again — its fun! :-)

But lets get back to quality...

Direct stimulation of the brain bypasses conventional sensory input.
[  Can you imagine Descartes with this! :-)  ]
The move would be pure quality; no one is going to wish to disintegrate ones
individuality and integrity unless the perceived relationship between
technology and self was of value? Once emergent 5th level had overcome our
Frankenstein complex of leaping into the fearful unknown, 5th level will be
off on its own path.

Do you not feel it to be ironic that the possibility of many minds,
(intellectual patterns) in a relationship with individuality destroying 5th
level — as a DQ event — to be deeply challenging to SOM!

Stephen?

In the context of Self/AI relationship, a priori models of anything become
nebulous?
Intellectual patterns may become fully public?

Best wishes everyone...

Squonk. :-)

In a message dated 6/28/01 11:05:21 AM GMT Daylight Time,