----- Forwarded message from "Lewis, Dr. Donald" -----

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:03:49 -0400
From: "Lewis, Dr. Donald"
Subject: vexing question re:Morphologika
To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

Friends,
I have finally found time to spend the better part of the day with the MicroScribe G2, the MS utility software, Morphologika, and have been somewhat successful.

I have created an Excel file of 34 data points/locations on a skull, copied and pasted it to Notepad, and, following Will's excellent video (now watched a dozen times, today minute-by-minute) typed in the correct commands.

What was on my notepad screen was exactly like his, to the letter.
Opening Morphologika, I brought in the file, watching his every move. Indeed, that command and data string were along the right side of the Morphologika window, just like his. When I hit "OK",

however, instead of getting a cluster of data points, I got one point only, in the center of a black field, as if it were displaying the centroid. When I enlarged that black screen, I just got a bunch of colored lights.

I have rechecked my work and the settings so many times now that I could
miss something simple because I have become numbed to it, thus my writing to you.
I have looked in the Morphological help menu to no avail. It clearly is not the machine, it is my "pilot error".
If you can think of a possible solution, please share it. If not, please forward this query to anyone you think may have the answer, as I can't proceed to wireframes, GOA, PCA and the like before I figure this out.

I bet it is something amazingly simple, I am just too dense to see it.
Thanks for reading this babble.
Don Lewis

Confidentiality Notice

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
information belonging to the sender, which may be confidential and legally
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee identified
above, you have received this transmission in error, and we ask that you please
call us collect at 815.288.5531 to report the receipt, and that you immediately
delete the transmission.

Thank you.

----- End forwarded message -----