Dear Alex,
I imagine most people would consider MAN(C)OVA and/or permutation tests for difference in multivariate means as the typical approach. Obviously, the choice of methods might also depend on the design and research question. There is a chance that with 10 observations per sex you might have limited statistical power when comparing within each species.
Best,
Carmelo

"Bjarnason, Alexander" <a.bjarna...@ucl.ac.uk> ha scritto:

Dear morphometricians,
I have an interesting GMM dataset based on the cranial morphology of adult New World monkeys (platyrrhines) with a wide sampling of genera and species. I have approximately ten male and ten females for each species, and am interested in testing for size and shape dimorphism in each group. My current thinking is to use a Procrustes ANOVA to test for significant differences between males and females for each taxa, and wanted to enquire whether this was the standard approach with geometric morphometric data, or if an alternative approach would be more appropriate?
Any advice greatly appreciated,
Best wishes
Alex Bjarnason