Dear Morphometricians,

Perhaps, there is an obvious answer to my question but it has not arrived
to me yet…

I am looking for your advice in what is most acceptable way to use MANCOVA
for the multi groups. Say from 5 pairwise group comparisons of the cattle
breeds (using shape variables in MANOVA), 3 groups showed differences in
shape means. I then would like to investigate the interaction between the
breeds and age or sex components using MANCOVA. My question is - do I
perform MANCOVA on these 3 groups that showed differences in shape means or
do I perform MANCOVA on all 5 pairwise groups?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Rita Mhig Fhionnghaile, PhD student

IT Sligo, Ireland