From: Joseph Kunkel [mailto:j...@bio.umass.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:35 PM
To: ro...@life.bio.sunysb.edu; morphmet@morphometrics.org
Cc: Joe Kunkel
Subject: tpsDig on a Mac using wine

Dear Jim and Morphmet,

I just want to comment on using tpsDig on a Mac.  tps Dig is my go-to software
for 2-D landmark digitizing of images.  To digitize I would previously have to
use one of my PCs in my lab which was often a pain.  I was reluctant to use
several of the PC-on-your-Mac options because they meant partitioning your disc
or in some sense running two separate worlds on your Mac which always made me
nervous for several security software reasons.

Using the emulation program, wine (https://www.winehq.org/), has changed
everything.  It works as a unix program run from your Mac Terminal console.  I
have tested several of the tps suite of software from Rohlf and they work like
a charm.  One trick however to get around the need for a ‘right-click’ in
tpsDig is to redefine the right-click as something else such as a track-pad tap
which works like a charm.

Thank you wine for allowing me to ‘go home’ and do tpsDig on my Macs!

=º}}}}}><

Joseph G. Kunkel, Emeritus Professor

Biology Department

UMass Amherst