From: Mauro Cavalcanti [mailto:mauro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 3:59 PM
To: MORPHMET
Subject: [MORPHMET] Suggestions for geomorph

Dear members of the geomorph Development Team,
I have been using the digitize2d() function of the geomorph R package to obtain
landmark coordinates from my fish specimens.It works fine, but I respectfully
have two suggestions for its improvement.
First one is quite simple: when end of file is reached and the last specimen
has been digitized, the function stops with one of those ugly and arcane error
messages (well, all programming languages generate ugly and arcane error
messages! ;-)). This should not happen; instead, the function should issue a
user-friendly warning, like "End of file", "Last specimen" (or perhaps
something less "friendly", like "Can't you see you have reached the end of
file, you moron?" ;-))
Second suggestion may be more difficult to implement, but if it can be done, it
would provide a great improvement: the ability to edit a previoulsly created
file. Currently, the function detects the specimens without landmark
coordinates and starts digitizing from this specimen on; if all specimens have
already landmark coordinates, then the function stops with the same ugly error
messages referred to above. It would be really great if one could see each
specimen with the superimposed digitized landmarks, one by one, so that
landmarks could be checked, added, or deleted.
Hope this helps!
With warmest regards,

--
Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti