Dear Patrick

If you have already named your images and you want to use the names to set
the classifiers in MorphoJ you have 2 options.

 MorphoJ read the ID files of the TPS files by defect but you will only
have the ID name if you rename every figure at the landmarking
process.  Therefore
Option 1: Go to your TPS Dig and for every picture already digitized set
the ID name. (go to option / Specimen info / and name the ID of your
specimens and press OK)  after rename all the ID names save the new TPS
file and import again to MorphoJ,  and you will have the name now instead
0,1,2,3.

Option 2: Is modifying the TPS file.  In my opinion this option is easier
if you already have the pictures with landmarks.   Open the TPS file with
notepad or some text editor:

1- A TPS file with data look like (open in a text editor)

*LM=5 *

*252.00000 1000.00000 *

*341.00000 943.00000 *

*651.00000 917.00000 *

*834.00000 851.00000 *

*735.00000 679.00000 *

*IMAGE=AMac2F01_l.jpg *

*ID=0 *

To use the IMAGE= keyword, it is therefore helpful to disable the ID=
keyword. This can be done easily with your text editor by changing every
occurrence of "ID=" into something else, for instance "@ID=" (in this way,
the change is reversible if you want to use the same TPS file for something
else...). If this is done, MorphoJ will use the IMAGE= keyword instead.

Therefore, just in the text editor, go to edit / replace / replace ALL: ID
to @ID or *ID accept and all the ID will now have this new sign that MophoJ
will not recognize and will use the IMAGE name.  Save your new file
“file.tps”  and open it now with MorphoJ.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

Hugo

> Dear all,
>
> I am having a tiny problem when combining tps series and MorphoJ. I
> created tps file with tpsutil, digitized landmarks with tpsdig2 and import
> the dataset into MorphoJ. Unfortunately, image names are not included in
> MorphoJ and thus I am not able to extract classifiers from ID. I thought
> image names are automatically included when creating tps file and I cannot
> find to option to do this manually.
> How to solve this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Patrick
>

> --
> Patrick Arnold, M.Sc.
>
> Institut für Spezielle Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie
> mit Phyletischem Museum
> Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
> Germany

Hugo A. Benítez