Hi Emma-
Yes, that seemed to do the trick when I tried to import that file. And I
also found that the vcgImport function from the Rvcg package worked to
import the ply as well.

After getting the ply files loaded, though, now I have another question
about the buildtemplate function. I'd like to collect fixed landmarks in
the program Landmark Editor and import them into geomorph to then use to
build a template of semilandmarks. I see that that the newest version of
the buildtemplate function says that fixed landmarks can either be a single
value identifying how many fixed landmarks will be selected OR it can be a
p x k matrix of 3D coordinates collected previously. I collected a set of
landmarks on the same specimen in Landmark Editor, and formatted them as an
.nts file, that I then imported via the read.nts function (named 'pts').
But when I run buildtemplate(PLY1,fixed=pts,100,ptsize=3), I receive the
following error:  *Error in buildtemplate(PLY1, fixed = pts, 100, ptsize =
3) :  object 'lmk.add' not found. *Can you shed any light on this error? Am
I not correctly designating the file from which to pull the already
digitized fixed landmarks?

Thank you!
Claire