Andrey,

To repeat: there is no reason to expect the numbers to match identically across
software packages, particularly column by column (if that is what you are
examining). Even if two packages perform things identically in terms of the
algebra (e.g,. GPA using TpsRelw and geomorph), the numbers may differ slightly
for other reasons (post-rotation of the alignment to the principal axes of the
consensus, etc.).

What is important for downstream statistical analyses is not the individual
columns of numbers found from the GPA alignment, but rather the relationships
of specimens in the resultant shape space. That is, how different are shapes
from one another? In the case I mentioned above, if you took the aligned
specimens from TpsRelw and obtained the Procrustes (Euclidean) distance matrix
from them, and did the same with the aligned specimens from geomorph, and then
performed a matrix correlation, the correlation would be precisely 1.0.  This
means the information is identical in the two superimpositions, even if they
differ slightly in how the entire set is oriented relative to the X-Y axis.
Incidentally, in the above case one would also find a perfect correlation
between distances from the GPA-aligned specimens, those shapes rotated to their
principal axes, or differences in shape found from the thin-plate spline and
uniform shape components taken together. For an early discussion of these
issues see Rohlf 1999.

However, performing the procedure above where one set of GPA-aligned
coordinates is from MorphoJ will not produce a perfect correlation of 1.0, as
MorphoJ uses Full Procrustes superimposition. That means the perceived
relationships between shapes is not being represented in the same manner: which
of course is a known difference between full and partial Procrustes fitting.
How much of a difference one finds between a full and partial Procrustes
alignment is dataset dependent.

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams
Professor
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
       Department of Statistics
Iowa State University
www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/<http://www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/>