I would love to have acopy of the Fry's phrases.  Thanks

Caroline Bowman

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Angela Almond
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:29 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Listserv
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Fluency practice

Have you tried using the Fry's phrases to help build fluency?

Our school uses the Fry's phrases and they really make a difference!  We
have morning announcements that come over our closed circuit TVs in our
rooms.  The literacy facilitator introduces 6 phrases each week (one
from each grade level) and every morning the entire school recites them.
She then posts them everywhere all over the school so the kids see them
all of the time.  She made flashcards of all of them and whenever we
have volunteers, we hand them to them and they run through them with
kids that need them.

Angela Hatley Almond
Fourth Grade
East Albemarle Elementary School