On my classroom web site, I've got "Word Chunk Finds" where children can find
word chunks, nouns and verbs, word choice they like, etc.  I've used seasonal
poems for this.  Go to the link below, click on "reading" and then "poems for
word chunk finds."  There is a link for teacher directions for this
there. Hope it helps somewhat!
Kelley/2/IN

http://www.cps.k12.in.us/~kcarroll/