One way around the paperwork is to think about Podcasting
conversations.  It is relatively easy to do, you either need an iPod
with a mic set up, or you can record with Audacity or Garage Band on
a laptop or stationary computer.  (I tried this because so many
teachers at my school wanted to know what a good book club
conversation sounded like, but I never did anything with it!)
Just a thought,
Julie