I will soon be starting a mythology unit for my 6th graders. Students have a
lot of choice in what myths they choose to read as they move through the unit.
Each student will read at least 7 myths and one of our over riding questions
will be what makes something a myth.   I need to somehow keep track of what
they are reading and how they are thinking.   The students have had lots of
work
with the reading strategies.   I do not want to do summaries after the
readings. I've considered a daily journal where they tell me what they
accomplished
that period or maybe a metacognition journal where they track what they are
thinking as they read.   Any other ideas that would make this unit both
enjoyable as well as entrenched in the strategies.?

Thanks.

Pat - grade 6 - NY