From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 9:23 AM
Subject: [MOSAIC] teaching strategies

   Once again our staff met to share lessons and activities that we use
while teaching the reading strategies. A new strategey is introduced
monthly. And once again several grade levels are using the same
materials and books to teach the strategies during guided reading. How
do you handle this situation? I believe that each year we should be
"digging a little deeper" while teaching the strategies, not reteaching
something that the kids learned the year before. How can we change this
practice....we have to make our teaching better for our students if we
want to help them become successful readers. Thank you.