Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of researching and learning about Smartboard. I am
curious to learn about how any of you have incorporated it into your
reading instruction or seen it incorporated. I am specifically
interested in learning about how Smartboard is used to promote
comprehension.

Last year, I saw a fourth grade teacher incorporate Smartboard in her
literacy centers. The students were divided into three groups, each of
which had a ?teacher of the week.? When the students arrived at the
Smartboard station, the ?teacher? led the discussion on sort words
with prefixes and suffixes. There were several prefixes and suffixes
at the bottom page, and the students had to match a root word to the
correct prefix of suffix. For example, ?complete? was a root word and
the students decided that it would go under the ?in? prefix column
rather than the ?un? column.

I know that Smartboard can be used for just about anything, but I
would love to learn about what any of you have found to be successful
or not worth trying. I plan on creating several lessons that can
potentially be used in the classroom.

Thanks!
Christine