Gina said
"But I think we would all agree that of course reading for enjoyment and
understanding is our focus.  That's what we're all about and the reason we
care so much about helping kids become masterful and delighted readers."

You would thing that, Gina, but we have had a few teachers comment on how
they only teach reading and could care less if the students enjoy it or not.
It's one of the reasons I didn't participate as much during the past few
months.  I can remember one teacher commenting that her husband could read
well, but he didn't necesarily enjoy it, and enjoyment did not make for
better reading.  Her job was to teach the kids to read better, not build
enjoyment.  I was so shocked, I couldn't even comment on it....

Bill