I'm proud to announce ANOTHER new book by one of our very own Mosaic
members!!!

Comprehension Strategies for Your K-6 Literacy Classroom
Thinking Before, During, and After Reading
by Joy Dain and Divonna M. Stebick

www.corwinpress.com/booksProdDesc.nav?contribId=536512&prodId=Book229350

Joy sends us this blurb:
Comprehension Strategies for Your K-6 Literacy Classroom illustrates how
teachers actively use the six comprehending strategies to enhance student
understanding.  Within the text presents a "before," "during," and "after"
instructional framework that provides the three elements necessary for
strategic comprehension learning to take place: explicit instruction through
teacher modeling, guided practice, and independent application.

There are sample lessons that are easily adaptable and aligned with NCLB and
NCTE standards.  We provide real-life case studies illustrating classroom
application with hands-on activities and visual aids.

Be sure to check it out!!
Ginger
moderator