On the MOT2chat listserv we have had a specific request for help with
reading workshop structure and ideas.

Amy wrote:
"I am wanting to have a reading workshop model in my room but have
never had the training or have seen it in action.  I have bought
several books to read.  Other than MOT any suggestions from the very
experienced on where I should start and which prof. books would lend the
most
information to enhance MOT in the rdg/wrtg workshop setting?  I am
desperately seeking guidance!  :-)"

On this listserv Kelly asked for help with a combined group of two sixth
grade classes and how to integrate a mandated basal with strategy
instruction in a workshop format.

Could we talk about reading workshop?  I know there is a wealth of knowledge
here in primary, intermediate, and secondary classrooms.  Could you guys
check in with how you run your reading workshop?  I know we'd love to hear
how it works for you with your students.

Thanks you guys!
Ginger
moderator