Essentially it is form of repeated readings -- students sing/read song lyrics
repeatedly until they can read/sing the text/lyric fluently.   As students
practice a text, high frequency words, word family words, and high interest
vocabulary words are pulled from the text, put on a word wall and word banks
for furhter analysis.

Gwynne Ash a professor at Texas State Univ along with a colleague had similar
results with an intervention technique they called Karaoke Club.

tr

Timothy Rasinski
404 White Hall
Kent State University