Keith,
  When I was at the NCRA conference in 2006 a vendor who specialized in
recorded reading told me that they are going to stop manufacturing cassette
tapes. I've noticed that my local Wal*Mart no longer stocks blank cassettes,
but fortunately I can still get some at the dollar store.

  This saddens me because although the technology is superb, it means poorer
schools like mine will be left in the dark. Not only can we not afford to buy
iPods or MP3 devices, neither can our students. Recording on classroom
computers is ok, unless your computer does not have that capability. I only
have one computer in my classroom that has speakers, and that is because a
parent donated them. Most of our other classrooms don't have speakers.

  I wish manufacturers would take this into consideration when they make these
huge shifts in technology availability. Large schools may be able to keep up,
but my school is consistently left in the dust.

Keith Mack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  One thing to keep in mind is that iPods and other MP3 devices will replace
your cassette tape recordings.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org