I tried something new last year.  I took samples of the writing and word
work we did in class, blew them up and titled it "Here's how we learned
it..."and made a huge floor to ceiling chart.  Next to that I blew up
released test questions in writing strategies and vocabulary and mounted it
next to that.  I labeled it "Here's What it Looks Like on the Test"  It
amazed me how many kids were able to connect the way we learn with the
phrasing on the test.

I guess I think about this way:  I have never met a person, adult or child,
who could read and write well, that couldn't pass just about any reading
test handed to them.

Good teaching and A LITTLE constructive test strategy is enough.  But the
good teaching is the key.
Kim

On 7/3/07, Bill Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Kim
-------
Kimberlee Hannan
Department Chair
Sequoia Middle School
resno, California 93702

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't
change, kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give
everything, have no regrets.. Life's too short to be anything but happy.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]