Hi Sue,
Then, I wouldn't worry about this.  I had a student this year (grade one) who
told me that when he read in his head his reading was more fluid than when he
read aloud to me.  He reminded me that reading aloud requires somewhat
different skills and attention than reading silently.  If he was able to
comprehend while he was reading then why worry about his halting reading when
he read to me?  (If there's an answer to this question, please respond.)
Reading aloud may have even impeded his comprehension.
Elisa Waingort
Calgary, Alberta

Yes he can. When he reads aloud he rereads constantly and has hardly any
comprehension. If I ask him to read a page silently and tell me what it's about

he can. He's a mystery.

Sue