> How can we possibly know this?
> Renee
I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to say it. My silent
reading is very different from my oral reading. When I read silently,
especially for pleasure, I skip way more words and skim sections-- I
also do rereadings when I get confused or lose a connection. I'm busy
here summarizing Stahl's chapter but I needed to jump in on that.